Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge at The Hollie Rogue: White Balance





This weeks Photo Friday Challenge at The Hollie Rogue involves WHITE BALANCE.
If you haven't fiddled with your camera's white balance setting yet, stop what you are doing, grab your camera, and start exploring that magical button.  It will change your photographing life forever!
You have until Friday to link, so hop to it!

For this week's challenge we were to take three different photographs.
1) Using Auto White Balance
2) Using Tungsten Light Setting
3) Custom White Balance Setting

Now, I was a bad student and did not exactly follow the lesson.
Instead of doing the Tungsten setting I used the Daylight and Cloudy Options.
SO...I have four pictures instead of three.  
Oopsicles.
Fail.

I am photographing my DIY Wednesday Project, "Perched Birds" which will be up tomorrow, Wednesday July 6th!

I am using natural light by a window.
The white backdrop is a white table, and a white door behind it.
I have not edited the photos.
So here we go:

1)  AUTO WHITE BALANCE

2) CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE

3) DAYLIGHT SETTING

4) CLOUDY SETTING

Now, because I am a good student I re-did the assignment using the three settings  (Plus the Daylight Setting for, um, extra credit).
I also wanted to show White Balance using a non-white background so you can really see what the settings can do.
So here are four more pictures, now featuring my Super Puppy, Dax!
{It was naptime}

1) AUTO WHITE BALANCE

CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE

TUNGSTEN LIGHT

DAYLIGHT

Now pick up those cameras and start playing!
You still have a few days to enter the Photo Friday Contest for White Balance, so if you want to show what you have done, head over to The Hollie Rogue and link up!
Have a lovely rest of your day!

1 COMMENTS:

Tiffany at Beyond Magical Bath and Body said... Best Blogger Tips

New follower from the Etsy blog team :)

back to top