Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Family Pain

Well, I have been clearly absent in my blogging lately. And I have been hesitant to really say anything regarding the 'why.' Just after Halloween I received a phone call from my Mom. I had missed her call, but I could tell from her message that something was wrong. I called her back immediately and she told me that the doctors had discovered a mass in her Pancreas, and that it was Cancerous. My entire world stopped. I booked a flight home, and have been with her ever since. We have since found out that the Cancer has spread into her Liver and that at this point all we can do is hope to buy some precious time with Chemo.

It has been a shock to me, and our entire family. Losing my Dad almost exactly 3years ago to Cancer broke me inside. But what really helped to get me through it was my Mom. She was the epitome of strength. And now we are having to face this all over again with her. It is beyond words the sadness we all feel. She is, as always, being very strong. Her faith is never-faltering and the only thing she really worries about is her children being okay. I'm trying my best to just keep a smile on for her, and to keep her comfortable and pain-free. Chemo just began, and we are hopeful that we can have at least some months more with her, who knows maybe more.

We are all just taking things day by day, and are cherishing every second, every hug, and every smile and laugh. I wish I could just stop time and just hold her forever. She is the most beautiful, amazing, loving and wonderful Mom.

Please keep her in your prayers, that she can ease through this time with the least amount of pain possible, and that when the time comes she won't have to suffer very badly.

I love her so much.



MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

0 COMMENTS:

back to top